NO

Author Topic: New to programming with C language  (Read 1375 times)

Offline Cbeginner

New to programming with C language
« on: June 20, 2022, 02:03:57 AM »
Hello all,

I'm new to programming with C, I have always wanted to dive in and learn what I can and now I have.
I bought the book "Beginning C from novice to Pro" by Ivor Horton and German Gonzales, I believe it is the 6th edition of the book published in 2020.

The book uses GCC and also mentions Peles C so I decided to use Peles C as I'm not a Linux Guru.

I'm on the second chapter learning about variables and math operators and so far the learning has gone great. I did get stuck on a few things but was able to figure them out and run the exercise programs.

Just thought I would introduce myself and mention I'm no spring chicken, I turned 50 this year and although I have used some programming before, such as Python, C is a whole new world to me and the reason I want to learn is for self education and because I have always thought C an amazing language.

Sorry if I come back and ask many questions but I'm sure I will get stuck as I continue.

Where is everyone from? I'm in the USA

Hope everyone is having a great weekend

Offline CLR

Re: New to programming with C language
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2022, 02:20:11 AM »
Hello Cbeginner. Welcome to the forum!

Offline Cbeginner

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2022, 02:24:13 AM »
Hello and thanks CLR!
 :D

Offline John Z

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2022, 11:03:07 AM »
Hi Cb,

Welcome to the forum.  Pelles C is an excellent well integrated set of programming tools.   The help file is great too.
Be sure to get the sample code from http://www.smorgasbordet.com/pellesc/ if you haven't done that already, nothing
beats a good example, there are some in this forum as well.

You must know 50 is the new 30  :) I think it is never too late to learn, certainly 50 is not.

I think Pelles C has a worldwide members list, many seasoned veterans, and members with all experience levels.

Happy Computing,

John Z

Offline Cbeginner

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2022, 04:44:25 PM »
John Z,

Thanks for the information about the sample code, I missed seeing those when I downloaded Pelles C.

:D

Offline Vortex

• http://www.vortex.masmcode.com
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2022, 11:23:56 AM »
Hi Cbeginner,

Welcome to the forum.
Code it... That's all...

Offline Cbeginner

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2022, 04:50:54 PM »
Thanks Vortex  :D