NO

Author Topic: Who pays and how much to use Pelles C?  (Read 2381 times)

Offline alderman2

Who pays and how much to use Pelles C?
« on: December 23, 2022, 05:18:05 PM »
I started using Pelles C a few years ago.  Immediately after, I took a break until recently.  Soon I will give my contribution to the development of Pelles C. My question is, how much should one donate/how much have you donated?

Offline John Z

Re: Who pays and how much to use Pelles C?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2022, 05:44:39 PM »
Nice to be willing to donate! I hope more people actually do, although that is between Pelle and the individual.

From Pelle's web site:
"Pelles C is totally free. However, some users may want to express their gratitude by donating some money.
If Pelles C is a major part in building a product sold for money, it seems fair (to me) to donate a little bit of that money to Pelles C - but this is never required.

Donations will help to pay for this website, my time spent on support, and any possible new versions. "

I don't know that there is willingness to share donation values as you should determine the value it is to you.

I will say I have donated in 2011, 2017, 2021, and 2022. I'll probably donate again with the next version ;)
I do not make any 'for sale' software either.

John Z

Offline alderman2

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2022, 07:47:28 PM »
Nice to be willing to donate! I hope more people actually do, although that is between Pelle and the individual.

From Pelle's web site:
"Pelles C is totally free. However, some users may want to express their gratitude by donating some money.
If Pelles C is a major part in building a product sold for money, it seems fair (to me) to donate a little bit of that money to Pelles C - but this is never required.

Donations will help to pay for this website, my time spent on support, and any possible new versions. "

I don't know that there is willingness to share donation values as you should determine the value it is to you.

I will say I have donated in 2011, 2017, 2021, and 2022. I'll probably donate again with the next version ;)
I do not make any 'for sale' software either.

John Z
I will donate soon, the worst weekend period must be over and I have recovered, then it will be a penny for Pelle.  Donate at every update I will copy from you ;)

Offline RKSJBeck

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2023, 10:12:17 PM »
I contribute on and off.
I try to remember to do it at the end of every year.