Pelles C > Feature requests

Listview under Debug Tabs

(1/2) > >>

John Z:
It would be helpful to have an Add-in Message Macro that could set the draw style for the debug Listview pages.  Specifically it would be helpful to be able to request the draw to expand all branches, and request the draw to collapse all branches.
Currently one must click every + to expand each expandable branch or - to collapse each branch. This is useful but if one just wishes to capture the entire page to a file it is burdensome to have to click every branch before capturing...

John Z

Pelle:
Capturing how? If just a screenshot, then anything not visible is not captured (unless scrolled to)?
Correct? If so, some other approach sounds like a better idea... (like "Save to file..." choice somewhere... or something...)

( In theory I guess AddIn_EnumDebugGlobals() and AddIn_EnumDebuglocals() could be used, together with some code that writes to file, but then you would have to process and format the symbol values yourself, which is probably too much work... )

John Z:
Great to see you back!

I already have an add-in that captures any tab into a text file, it is not a screen shot capture it actually reads the data.
 https://forum.pellesc.de/index.php?topic=10160.0
this includes the Debug tabs (expect for Memory, where I couldn't figure out the control being used)

It loads under "Files - Save Tab Data"

I've tried everything I can think of and some I never thought of to programmatically expand the collapsed listviews
and I failed every time.  So if a user wants to save the debug data from a debug listview they must first click the + to
expand each collapsed entry.  I've queried the forum too.  I can't figure out if it is actually possible without deeper
access.  I even tried sending keystrokes ;(  If collapsed it captures as collapsed, if expanded it is captures as expanded.

John Z

Pelle:
I will think about it and get back...

John Z:
Thanks, no rush anyway.

I was going to post some examples but this is the first time I've run it under Pelles version 11 and seems I've
got an issue to resolve.  Getting "Bad Index" on the Debug tabs so I'll need to fix that anyway, still working
on the other tabs.

When I've got it working again for the the Debug tabs I'll post examples.  No sense in thinking about it until I fix
whatever has gone awry.   

John Z

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version