NO

Author Topic: Change the compiled exe directory  (Read 565 times)

Offline tony74

Change the compiled exe directory
« on: September 06, 2024, 01:35:52 AM »
This hasn't affected me before now, but in this case, I'd like to change where the final exe drops to another directory besides the main project directory.
I could hack the project file, but a bit more 'legit' way to do this wold be preferable, if possible.

Thanks

Offline John Z

Re: Change the compiled exe directory
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2024, 03:42:52 AM »
Hi Tony74

You might check out this message?
https://forum.pellesc.de/index.php?topic=10419.msg36004#msg36004

John Z

Offline tony74

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2024, 07:51:53 AM »
I searched on Timo's 'xml option' for poide, but it just found his same post, so that didn't tell me anything.

What I'm doing is publishing some stable diffusion code on gethub and would like to present seperate project directories for Pelles C, gcc and VS.
I would like to, at least, have the executables all go into a 'release' directory that has the test harness already in-place for users to try out upon compilation.

Having the exe in it's default working directory with all it's files, for testing, isn't going to work.

I can control the exe directories in gcc and VS, but haven't found a way other than executing a batch file or hacking the project file (maybe) to control where Pelles drops the final exe.

It's not that big of a deal, but I'd like to give users a somewhat consistent set of directories in each project space to work with. I'll get it done, one way or another.

Along the same lines; Is there any 'gotchas' in distributing a Pelles project file?
Like previously embedded directory paths and such? Will they adapt to a new 'home' or do I have to do some manual cleanup?

Thanks again

Offline John Z

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2024, 09:51:58 AM »

Along the same lines; Is there any 'gotchas' in distributing a Pelles project file?
Like previously embedded directory paths and such? Will they adapt to a new 'home' or do I have to do some manual cleanup?

I can say for sure that I've not followed any rules when using others zipped projects.  Never had any issue no matter where I unzipped the project to.  Document folder, Download folder, C:\temp\ or C:\Program Files\Pelles\Files never had to make any adjustment. 

As for using the \xml startup I'm inexperienced with that....

John Z

Offline tony74

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2024, 03:54:58 PM »
OK John, that's good to know. I'll try a few things out to see if I can deal with the other issue.

Thanks again