NO

Author Topic: dll help  (Read 3783 times)

JeanPaul

dll help
« on: September 18, 2006, 05:16:17 AM »
Hi everybody,
I'm trying to make a dynamic link library using Pelles C. I have some source files and header files (of course!). Here is what I did:
I started a project for making dlls (in the project wizard)
I added the source and header file to the project and tried to build the dll
The object files got built but when the dll should be built then I got an error saying that  POLINK couldn't find some symbols or something like that.
what did I do wrong?
The files can be found as attachement
Greatfull for any reply.

Offline frankie

• Global Moderator
dll help
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2006, 02:04:14 PM »
Probably you have to add some WIN32 libraries to the link stream.
Please post the PellesC converted project (not the original source distribution) or tell us what symbols the linker miss.
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. - Andre Gide

JeanPaul

dll help
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2006, 03:07:46 PM »
Hi,
thanx for the suggestion. The thing is that all symbols miss. That why I sent the source codes...

Offline frankie

• Global Moderator
dll help
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2006, 04:15:18 PM »
Source code is ok. But in the pellesC format not the downloaded form.
If you want you can: open the project in the PelleC ide, in the menu Project->Zip files, this will create a zip with your project containing sources and defs. Then post the project.
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. - Andre Gide

JeanPaul

dll help
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2006, 12:24:38 AM »
ok, thanx. I will

JeanPaul

dll help
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2006, 12:32:44 AM »
Et voilĂ ...

Offline frankie

• Global Moderator
dll help
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2006, 03:42:36 PM »
Sorry JeanPaul,
your code is correct more or less, but the library you want compile is just a wrapper to call from C the BasicLinearAlgebraSubprogram library that is write in FORTRAN :cry:
The symbols you miss are from the real BLAS Fortran library, that is in fortran  #-o
You cannot compile this unless you also build the fortran library (means you need also a fortran77 compiler). Maybe you can find a precompiled version somewhere...
Good luck

JeanPaul

dll help
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2006, 04:31:52 PM »
Thanx a lot for your time.  I will try to find a precompiled version.  But if you know some C library that can handle large scale vector (or matrix) then let me know.
Thanx again...  :wink: