NO

Author Topic: Resource files  (Read 3682 times)

zenonpro

Resource files
« on: November 03, 2006, 09:53:45 AM »
Hi, has anybody ever tried to add an .rc file to a project comming from SiComponents Resource builder.  When I do this, the resource shows up in text format and when compiling I get lots of errors.  Is it possible to link with the compiled .res file or is there a way to import this .rc file properly into the resource editor of pelles C

Thanks
Pascal

Offline frankie

• Global Moderator
Resource files
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2006, 10:01:39 AM »
You can use the .res file to link your project.
The problem is that some resource compiler doesn't use the standard M$ resource language.
To convert between the formats you can use a resource decompiler that extract the sources from the .res or the .exe (i.e. resourcehacker).
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. - Andre Gide

zenonpro

resource
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2006, 04:33:44 PM »
OK guys, figured it out.  I could open the compiled .res version of the resource and all dialogs are displayed in a nice treeview.  Then I saved this as an rc source file.  Added the rc file to the project and all compiles well now.

Thanks,
Pascal.

noman9607

Re: Resource files
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2008, 05:33:30 AM »
It has been over a year but this post saved me some trouble. Resource Builder is great for resource files, just be sure to import the binary .res file and not the .rc file. The trouble for me was the comtrl.h file. Resource builder handles pascal, c and microsoft format rc files.