NO

Author Topic: word completion woes  (Read 3364 times)

adrive

word completion woes
« on: June 19, 2008, 08:44:33 AM »
First of all..I'm just starting out C, and I really love Pelles C as it seems very fast, has debugger and word auto complete, all in a small great package!

Now my problem..

Is there a way to trim down what is being displayed during word completion?

Can I limit it so that it automatically lists out only Functions and User declared variables? Currently it seems to lists out so many things that I don't understand whether it's used or not. The list is built base on default's database.

For example,

when you type getch and press ctrl+space, getchar lists out (getchar function) and (getchar define). Isn't this redundant?

Also..im not understanding this option :

Use member list
Check this option to display a list of structure/union members after typing a variable name, followed by a member reference ( . or -> ). This require browse information from the system, or from the current project (Full level). See also System browse information dialog.

I picked "show functions only", the word completion still lists out none-functions..not sure if this option is related?

thanks!!

Offline Pelle

• Administrator
    • http://www.smorgasbordet.com
Re: word completion woes
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2008, 10:36:59 PM »
Is there a way to trim down what is being displayed during word completion?
Not at the moment; all matching names are always displayed. You can always make a request for a change...  ;)

Also..im not understanding this option :

Use member list
This is for struct and union members only; type struct-name. or struct-name->, and a list of members in that struct/union will be displayed (if the IDE can find the definition)...
/Pelle

adrive

Re: word completion woes
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2008, 04:09:14 AM »
Thanks Pelles!

i just did :P