NO

Author Topic: Where is the PelleC wizard  (Read 5528 times)

mystisk

Where is the PelleC wizard
« on: August 02, 2009, 02:40:42 PM »
Edit: This thread was originally named: POLINK: fatal error: File not found: 'advapi32.lib'. But that problem is now solved.

POLINK: fatal error: File not found: 'advapi32.lib'.
That happned when I was trying to run helloworld.c (my first program in C). I'm using this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_C_Programming_Language_(book) book and it told me to write:
#Include <stdio.h>

main()
{
        printf("hello, world\n");
}

And i saved it as hello.c in C:\Users\*\Documents on Windows Vista. What could the problem be?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2009, 06:40:52 PM by mystisk »

JohnF

Re: POLINK: fatal error: File not found: 'advapi32.lib'.
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2009, 04:49:47 PM »
Use the PellesC wizard to create your first app then you will see what is required - that code you showed is very outdated.

john

mystisk

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2009, 05:49:56 PM »
Thanks for replying  ;)
Where is that wizard you spoke of? Are you really sure this code is outdated? If that's so I have to throw this book out the window. Maybe I wasn't clear enough. This is second edition ANSI C printed July 2008. In the book they say that they will start with some basic elements at first not the best maybe that why it looks weird.

JohnF

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2009, 06:03:08 PM »
Thanks for replying  ;)
Where is that wizard you spoke of? Are you really sure this code is outdated? If that's so I have to throw this book out the window. Maybe I wasn't clear enough. This is second edition ANSI C printed July 2008. In the book they say that they will start with some basic elements at first not the best maybe that why it looks weird.

Your first job is to discover the wizard in PellesC.

Yes the code is very outdated. The book was originally written many years ago.

John

mystisk

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2009, 06:36:45 PM »
I can see no wizard.

When I looked at the wiki page that I linked to I see that this book indeed is very old. What a fraud. Im going to complain at the store. Thanks. The current version/standard is C1X judging from this wiki page http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C_(programming_language) correct?

JohnF

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2009, 06:55:17 PM »
I can see no wizard.

Open the help file, select search and type wizard. There will be various topics to read.

John