NO

Author Topic: About the commercial use of Pelles C  (Read 9244 times)

Offline Stefan Pendl

• Global Moderator
    • Homepage
Re: About the commercial use of Pelles C
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2012, 06:47:11 PM »
The Setup(s) start with a license page. Like with any other license page in a setup, everyone are using the "auto-ignore" mode apparently.
It would be nice to have this available in more than one place, at least the legal notice about commercial/private use and the donation.

I personally won't run the setup multiple times just to read the license.

I must say that I am guilty of accepting the license without reading carefully, since I use PellesC privately.
---
Stefan

Proud member of the UltraDefrag Development Team

CommonTater

« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2012, 12:00:00 AM »
I personally won't run the setup multiple times just to read the license.
I must say that I am guilty of accepting the license without reading carefully, since I use PellesC privately.

By way of agreeing with you Stefan...  I will confess to rushing through the setup stages at times as well... and once it's in there, there's no way I'm running the installer again.

What I do with my own stuff is have the installer open the help file (.chm) to the license page at the end of the install with no option to skip that step.

Offline Pelle

• Administrator
    • http://www.smorgasbordet.com
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2012, 01:41:35 PM »
I know - I often do the same. All the programmers I know are not great "license-readers"...  ;)

I'm just saying that since there is a page in the Setup for a license, it seemed like a good place to put the license (well, duh!). This was a long time ago, I will see if I can do better now on Smorgasbordet... (I will have to do some thinking first...)

/Pelle