NO

Author Topic: No Response to 'Bug Report'  (Read 3875 times)

syntel

No Response to 'Bug Report'
« on: May 28, 2011, 05:03:40 PM »
Hi:
   I posted a problem with pomake.exe in the the "Bug Report' thread a few days ago.

Does anyone even read those posts, or am I being too impatient ?

Thanks,

-Mel Smith
webmaster
www.whosaway.com

syntel

Re: No Response to 'Bug Report'
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2011, 06:47:10 PM »
Hi Again:

I guess maybe Pell Orinius really is losing his interest in his implementation of the C language.

Because I'm using PellesC as a base for building my xHarbour language, and I'm 'stopped' by pomake.exe crashing part way thru the build, I'll have to try to implement NMAKE.exe as a replacement for it.

Scratching my head now.

So sad ...

-Mel Smith
www.whosaway.com

CommonTater

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2011, 07:17:20 PM »
Pelle is currently half way through a new version increment (we're in RC4, presently) so I don't think he's ignoring you or losing interest.  (although he's not as heavily involved with the forums as he once was)

Have you studied the POMAKE documentation in the POIDE help file?  Are there any clues there?
(If you haven't spotted it yet it's at Help->Contents->Command line tools->POMAKE)

Offline Vortex

• http://www.vortex.masmcode.com
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2011, 07:54:13 PM »
Hi syntel,

Welcome to the forum.

Keep in mind that Pelle is the only developer of the compiler suite and probably it's not so easy to deal with all the details of the maintenance process.
Code it... That's all...

CommonTater

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2011, 09:24:38 PM »
Hi syntel,

Welcome to the forum.

Keep in mind that Pelle is the only developer of the compiler suite and probably it's not so easy to deal with all the details of the maintenance process.

Especially when you consider that he still has the rest of his life to attend to as well...

Offline Bitbeisser

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2011, 06:51:29 AM »
Hi:
   I posted a problem with pomake.exe in the the "Bug Report' thread a few days ago.

Does anyone even read those posts, or am I being too impatient ?

Apparently, as you didn't seem to bother to check for Pelle's response and answer that...

And complaining to not get a reposnse within less than 24h in general is very bad habit in a forum for both open source and freeware software like Pelle's C...

Ralf

Offline AlexN

• Global Moderator
    • Alex's Link Sammlung
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2011, 10:06:41 AM »
I think, that Pelle decided not to spend much time for the forum and spend his time to develop Pelles C.
best regards
 Alex ;)