NO

Author Topic: Hi  (Read 3486 times)

AlexPat

Hi
« on: June 13, 2011, 12:59:21 AM »
Hi everybody!  :)

I just want to present myself.
This is my first message in this forum. I registered long time ago, but I couldn't accomplish my objectives of learning C . Now I'm learning some basic programming concepts (with JavaScript ), and I want to use those concepts with C . I hope I'll get it.
I'm a Physics and Chemistry teacher (High School) and I would like very much to make some programs with Physics.

To someone who speaks Portuguese (pt-pt or pt-br) I would like to ask if they know the book:

Damas, Luis, "Linguagem C",  ed.FCA , 1999

I bought it long time ago but I don't know if it is appropriate to the beginner.

Regards to all,  :)
Alexandra

CommonTater

Re: Hi
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2011, 06:21:57 AM »
Since no body else has said "welcome" ... I will. 

C is an experience.  You can learn the syntax in a couple of hours but learning it's full capabilities can take years... so it's always a fun challenge when taking on new projects.

I don't know your book (or your language) but Pelles-C is C-99 which is a relatively new standard in C programming.  You may want to find newer texts and tutorials to work with.  (Google is your friend here)  I got started with "Learn C in 21 Days" about 6 years ago.  Still learning new stuff today.

The best way to learn is to go a little beyond the texts... Go through your textbook (or tutorial) page by page, doing the exercises and quizzes as you go... but once you have a given exercise completed, play with the code, make changes and be real sure you understand how it works before you move on to the next... It tends to "sink in" much better that way.

CommonTater

Re: Hi
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2011, 12:05:43 AM »
C is the very first programming language...

Well, except for ASM, A, B, APL and Cobol that is...