NO

Author Topic: Open include?  (Read 4664 times)

CLR

Open include?
« on: January 15, 2012, 08:59:03 PM »
There was an addin that opens the selected include file. I can't find it anywhere.

CLR

Re: Open include?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2012, 09:01:01 PM »
Found it.. thanks.

CommonTater

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2012, 10:25:02 PM »
OR... you can right click on the include file you want and select it from the menu... No AddIn required.

(Over time a number of things that were originally addins have become part of the IDE)

CLR

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2012, 01:04:18 AM »
Not in cpp projects.

CommonTater

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2012, 05:38:40 AM »
Not in cpp projects.

That's true.  POIDE was written specifically for Pelles compiler... It's not a general purpose IDE at all.

There are a number of limitations to doing CPP on an IDE designed for a specific C99 compiler.  Some we can compensate for, others we cannot.  IDE specific functions such as Code completion, call tips, dependencies, etc. do not work in cpp projects.  I wasn't even able to get it to add #includes to the project tree... but that's because we're leveraging a behaviour the IDE was never intended to produce. So it should not be unexpected.

My goal was to let you build some libraries and DLLs that use C++ internally as part of your C-99 projects.  I certainly would not tackle a large multi-file C++ project in this setup.  If you are doing a lot of C++ you would be further ahead to get Code::Blocks or Visual Studio... for resources you can use ResEdit or one of it's clones. 

« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 06:33:24 AM by CommonTater »

Offline TimoVJL

• Global Moderator
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 07:27:35 AM by timovjl »
May the source be with you