NO

Author Topic: Do you like or hate Windows 8?  (Read 3482 times)

obamafailed

Do you like or hate Windows 8?
« on: August 29, 2012, 06:21:19 PM »
My personal thoughts on Windows 8 are quite negative and I am not a fan of the direction Microsoft is taking. The Release Preview feels as if Microsoft has ignored most of the negative feedback and keeps pushing for their vision. The improved desktop elements such as explorer & task manager are a great improvement however for a home or work desktop, the metro start-screen IMO is not suitable. My reason for this is the lack of customizatiion it has. Users such as me have become familiar with the start menu and have watched it evolve for years. Tablets should use metro, desktops should use the typical start menu.

CommonTater

Re: Do you like or hate Windows 8?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2012, 08:48:14 PM »
Frankly I figure Microsoft will regret Windows 8 even more than Win ME and Vista... It seems like every other release is crap... I plan to pass on windows 8 entirely.

What I really want to see is a "back to basics" version... enough to have a desktop and run programs and not much more.  Let people download the minimalist version and then add options (for a price) as they want or need them.  There's just too much bloat (win7 is 20gb ... Win 2000 was under 100 mb) and way too much stuff nobody uses.