NO

Author Topic: language  (Read 2663 times)

czerny

language
« on: June 04, 2012, 12:27:50 AM »
If I install a german language module with Pelles C poide comes in german (not in english) without any /l switch. If I install Pelles C without the german language module poide comes in english.

Now the simple question: Where is the default language stored?

Maybe it is not stored at all. My speculation: first use appropriate language if /l switch is used and matching dll is installed. Second use system language if matching dll is installed.
Third (fall back) use english.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 12:53:48 AM by czerny »

CommonTater

Re: language
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 03:17:52 AM »
If I install a german language module with Pelles C poide comes in german (not in english) without any /l switch. If I install Pelles C without the german language module poide comes in english.

Now the simple question: Where is the default language stored?

Maybe it is not stored at all. My speculation: first use appropriate language if /l switch is used and matching dll is installed. Second use system language if matching dll is installed.
Third (fall back) use english.

The languages reside in PellesC\bin\Intl in dlls named for the code pages they represent ... rsrc*.dll  rsrc009.dll is for english. 

If the /l switch is not specified, the one matching the user's system codepage is loaded when POIDE starts up with a fallback to English if there's no match.

These are resource only DLLs, holding string tables, dialogs etc, that you can open in poide and examine their contents....

More information here...
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/dd318661(v=vs.85).aspx

« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 03:20:23 AM by CommonTater »

Offline TimoVJL

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2012, 06:18:24 AM »
In my case if /l option is not used poide.exe (english setup) searches in this order:

intl\rsrc040b.dll
intl\rsrc000b.dll
intl\rsrc0009.dll

That first one is found with function GetUserDefaultLangID() as help file says.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 06:23:40 AM by timovjl »
May the source be with you

Offline AlexN

• Global Moderator
    • Alex's Link Sammlung
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2012, 08:22:37 AM »
I use(d) the Pelles C in german on a german Windows XP (with english XP with german language pack), (Vista) and Windows 7. The only thing I must do, is to use /l 9, when I need the original english texts for commants in the forum. ;)
best regards
 Alex ;)