NO

Author Topic: Virus  (Read 2987 times)

tpekar

Virus
« on: June 20, 2012, 06:19:47 PM »
Any time I compile a C program in Pelles C I get the Bloodhound.Sonar.9 virus message from Semantic Antivirus and my program is quarantined.  Has anyone experienced this?  Does anyone know of a solution?  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

migf1

Re: Virus
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2012, 06:48:25 PM »
Any time I compile a C program in Pelles C I get the Bloodhound.Sonar.9 virus message from Semantic Antivirus and my program is quarantined.  Has anyone experienced this?  Does anyone know of a solution?  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I guess you can put them in your av exceptions. I used to have a similar problem, not with Pelles C but with MinGW gcc. I don't remember when it went away, it was either when I upgraded the MinGW toolchain, or after an update to the av definitions.

PS. On a side note, I'm still getting av blocks on Pelles C (un)installers (Avira Antivir).

Offline Stefan Pendl

• Global Moderator
    • Homepage
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2012, 07:25:39 PM »
Any false positives should be reported to the AV software vendor to get corrected.

They know that those exist and they are usually fast at resolving such an issue.
---
Stefan

Proud member of the UltraDefrag Development Team

Offline Vortex

• http://www.vortex.masmcode.com
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2012, 07:58:51 PM »
The problem is that some AV vendors are not correct while they comment the MS COFF specification.
Code it... That's all...