NO

Author Topic: How to launch Help Viewer from Pelles C?  (Read 2332 times)

leandrojardim

How to launch Help Viewer from Pelles C?
« on: August 30, 2012, 11:21:07 PM »
I would like to try to launch MS Help Viewer 1.1 from a menu entry from Pelles C. I could do it open but for some reason the list of help subjects remains empty. But it runs normally from C#.

What can I do? For instance, there are any parameters for the executable that I dont know?

Thanks. :)

CommonTater

Re: How to launch Help Viewer from Pelles C?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2012, 05:10:51 AM »
I would like to try to launch MS Help Viewer 1.1 from a menu entry from Pelles C. I could do it open but for some reason the list of help subjects remains empty. But it runs normally from C#.

What can I do? For instance, there are any parameters for the executable that I dont know?

Thanks. :)

If you have the SDK installed, take a look at the properties for the shortcut in your start menu... You should be able to copy and paste the command line into your tools menu setup at Tools->Customize->Tools . 

However F1 will not do keyword searches in the Help Viewer.

There is an older copy of the Win98 SDK you can download... HERE
If you install guide.hlp as the first item on your help menu in tools->customize->help F1 will do keyword lookups for you.
If you are on win7 you may have to install an update ... HERE
That will give you most othe API on keyword search with F1.

Alternatively if you are using Pelles C version 7, you can add the WebFeatures AddIn from the AddIn's section (of course) and do keyword searches online at MSDN.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 06:51:15 AM by CommonTater »