NO

Author Topic: Are there any sharing code or examples any more ?  (Read 13157 times)

Offline jack

Re: Are there any sharing code or examples any more ?
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2013, 03:03:29 AM »
I think a lot has to do with the lack of Pelles participation.

colepc

« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2015, 09:29:37 PM »
This subject is interesting. Frankie made the comment, "The majority of users of this forum are beginners". I am one of those and to tell you the honest truth, I will probably always be one. But so what, I would think that sharing my beginner code would be of some value to at least other beginners. As a beginner, I get excited when I learn something new and I've often thought of sharing what I discovered here on this forum. But I've already had some negativity for some of my comments and all that has done is to quench my desire to share. Even frankie seemed to indicate he didn't like beginners when he said, "are almost always very basic questions" following by a crying face. So tell me, why should I share my beginner code when I truly believe that what will happen is I'll be told I'm an idiot?

Offline Bitbeisser

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2015, 04:17:09 AM »
This subject is interesting. Frankie made the comment, "The majority of users of this forum are beginners". I am one of those and to tell you the honest truth, I will probably always be one. But so what, I would think that sharing my beginner code would be of some value to at least other beginners. As a beginner, I get excited when I learn something new and I've often thought of sharing what I discovered here on this forum. But I've already had some negativity for some of my comments and all that has done is to quench my desire to share. Even frankie seemed to indicate he didn't like beginners when he said, "are almost always very basic questions" following by a crying face. So tell me, why should I share my beginner code when I truly believe that what will happen is I'll be told I'm an idiot?
Nobody tells you that you are an idiot, but in general, there are sometimes questions (don't recall any of yours, so don't take this personal) so basic/obvious that it is seems that the person asking the question did not even try to due some work/research on their own. On a forum like this, you can go only by what is being written and if a question is very general and/or without a detailed example, then it can get a bit hard to give a more detailed answer or see that a question goes beyond what has been asked only fairly general. Not to mention that it also happens a lot that people either obviously not read all the answers they get or never give any feedback about the answers they get. This can get very quickly get frustrating for people trying to help beginners as well...

Ralf

Offline frankie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2015, 10:04:22 AM »
Bitbeisser perfectly expressed the point.
Colpec of course what I said here is not personal toward you, but to many subject  as well described by Bitbeisser.
BTW the answer was related to the conntributions. There was not much movement on the forum, compiler releases remained unchanged for a couple of years, and the traffic was on very basic level.
Everybody have been beginner so I like beginners  ;), but there are beginners and beginners  >:(
People like you when ask questions shows their willing to learn and go on, but when the questions are like "I have this code why don't work?" you could understand...  :P
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 12:57:15 PM by frankie »
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. - Andre Gide

Grincheux

« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2015, 06:08:02 PM »
I read all your posts. I am ready for contributions too. I am better in assembly language than with C.

I will try to share programs. ;) ;)

A forum is for beginners but also for experienced users. The last can compare their code and see there are diffrent ways to do.
Experienced users may have a hole or don't how to to a specific task, forum also is there for that.

I expect having made a good translation of the messages.