NO

Author Topic: Access Violation (POIDE-64, Win8): Debugging 32-bit Console Apps  (Read 3247 times)

inisheer

Access Violation (POIDE-64, Win8): Debugging 32-bit Console Apps
« on: December 15, 2012, 09:11:09 PM »
There seems to be an access violation issues regarding debugging Windows 32-bit apps on Windows 8 using the 64-bit version of the IDE.

Details:

Software: POIDE 64 bit, fresh install

While attempting to debug a simple 32-bit console application, the debugger / IDE throws multiple Access Violation errors and the IDE must be shutdown via the Task Manager.

Debugging Settings:
Compiler: Full
Linker: CodeView & Coff

32-bit application debugging works fine when the 32-bit version of POIDE is used on a 64-bit Win8 OS.

Below is a cross-post to the initial discussion in the "Beginner" forum section with a lot more details. I can repost that information in this thread if desired.

http://forum.pellesc.de/index.php?topic=5069.0

« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 09:14:58 PM by inisheer »

EkardNT

Re: Access Violation (POIDE-64, Win8): Debugging 32-bit Console Apps
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2013, 01:01:46 AM »
I have Windows 8 64 bit, and on a fresh install of Pelles C I run into this exact same problem, even running the hello.c program provided in the Samples folder. Note that although debugging as a 64-bit application works, for some reason the debugger pauses twice at two seemingly random assembly instructions. I hope this can get fixed, I was looking forward to learning C using this compiler.