NO

Author Topic: Using Pelles C with IUP toolkit  (Read 17011 times)

Offline jj2007

Re: Using Pelles C with IUP toolkit
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2014, 02:17:51 AM »
This is a demo I created with my bc9Basic -> c/c++ translator and compiled with VS2013 Express.

James,
IUP_01.exe "is not a valid Win32 application" on WinXP... sorry.

@WRP: No complete programs there, just screenshots. What I meant was really a hello world proggie, see attached samples.

EDIT: After some searching, I found something here - a bit bloated at 78k for what it does, in particular since you need >2MB of dlls to make it work. The look is OK, though. It crashes WJR's PEview for some reason.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 02:41:35 AM by jj2007 »

Offline jcfuller

« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2014, 01:11:11 PM »
This is a demo I created with my bc9Basic -> c/c++ translator and compiled with VS2013 Express.
James,
IUP_01.exe "is not a valid Win32 application" on WinXP... sorry.

That's right.
Microsoft dropped default XP support with the release of Visual Studio 2012 many years ago.
I do have a setup for compiling with VS2013 for XP but I do not have an XP machine anymore so I can't test it.
See if this works.

James

Offline jj2007

« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2014, 02:39:16 PM »
Microsoft dropped default XP support with the release of Visual Studio 2012 many years ago.
;-)

I do have a setup for compiling with VS2013 for XP but I do not have an XP machine anymore so I can't test it.
See if this works.
Same problem.

Offline jcfuller

« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2014, 04:07:58 PM »
Ok one more time :)
BCX has long been a supporter of PellesC. Although my focus with the bc9Basic fork is primarily c++ it creates "c" source just fine.
Attached is bc9Basic source, c source,  exe, and my batch file for compiling with PellesC.
This one was compiled with PellesC 8 RC4 and using a dll that IUP no longer supplies ( I could not find it) That I believe has only MSVCRT dependencies.

James

Offline jj2007

« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2014, 06:43:34 PM »
Thanks, James - it works on XP SP3 ;)

Offline frankie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2014, 12:57:48 PM »
I'm trying to natively compile IUP on PellesC, and I have compiled parts of it, but unfortunately many modules are in C++ ...
I have downloaded but not played with the code myself, but according to the site, it should be plain C... ?!?!?!

Ralf

The API are in plain C by design ...
But the library itself has a lot of C++  :-\, The im library is in C++  >:(
There should be also wrappers to use the API's in C++  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ridicolus...?!?!?!?

Anyway there should be no problem in using precompiled DLL's, but you can't use directly the precompiled libs, unless compile with no default libraries and link against msvcrt including the ms crt static library specified as first library in the linker list.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 01:02:35 PM by frankie »
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. - Andre Gide

sven90

« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2014, 02:38:27 PM »
Hello.
 It is there a Linux tutorial how to configure pells in ubuntu? I just find your website in google and trying to get some tutorials but its difficult to find

Offline frankie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2014, 07:02:02 PM »
Hello.
 It is there a Linux tutorial how to configure pells in ubuntu? I just find your website in google and trying to get some tutorials but its difficult to find
PellesC is not available for linux, but can run under wine.
PellesC is just a 'C' compiler, not 'C++'.
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. - Andre Gide

coder_direct

« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2015, 11:45:00 PM »
Is there anybody that can provide a proper instruction how to instal iup on Pelles C v8

Thanks
John