NO

Author Topic: Transfer data to browser  (Read 3148 times)

Offline daniel_bingamon

Transfer data to browser
« on: October 02, 2014, 06:16:24 PM »
Is there a way to use WM_COPYDATA to stuff data (strings) from a separate running C windows program into a name field in an Internet browser?

Offline jj2007

Re: Transfer data to browser
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2014, 11:28:22 PM »
WM_COPYDATA is a message that must be handled at the receiving end. You cannot just send data and hope that the browser understands what you want.

WM_SETTEXT may work on MSIE but not on Mozilla.

Offline Bitbeisser

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2014, 12:15:11 AM »
WM_COPYDATA is a message that must be handled at the receiving end. You cannot just send data and hope that the browser understands what you want.

WM_SETTEXT may work on MSIE but not on Mozilla.
Well, in general, a we browser is expecting and (hopefully!) excepting data only from the web server it is getting it's web contents from, you can't just push data from a locally running application to it.
The closest possibility for that would be a plugin/add-on specifically written for a certain web browser and that is nothing that you can (AFAIK) with Pelle's C...

Ralf

Offline daniel_bingamon

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2014, 01:01:12 PM »
At this point, I think the only way to transfer data to this other system is to have my executable operate in place of the browser and simply supply the parameters.   Or add code to already existing text-only browser.

Seltsamuel

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2014, 08:22:39 PM »
Hi,

i think you are looking for something like this:
http://forum.pellesc.de/index.php?topic=5173.0

At least i needed it to create a browserwindow in control of a c application.

Greetings

Seltsamuel