NO

Author Topic: Redeclaration errors (UCHAR winnt.h(81), windef.h(47))  (Read 3999 times)

tpekar

Redeclaration errors (UCHAR winnt.h(81), windef.h(47))
« on: November 19, 2014, 05:53:22 PM »
I am trying to compile a console program supplied by Evisions to allow an API from a C program to call an Argos program.  When I try to compile it with Pelles C, I get the following errors:

Building console.obj.
C:\Users\pekar\Documents\Pelles C Projects\include\winnt.h(81): error #2119: Redeclaration of 'UCHAR', previously declared at C:\Users\pekar\Documents\Pelles C Projects\include\windef.h(47).
C:\Users\pekar\Documents\Pelles C Projects\include\winnt.h(81): error #2119: Redeclaration of 'PUCHAR', previously declared at C:\Users\pekar\Documents\Pelles C Projects\include\windef.h(48).
C:\Users\pekar\Documents\Pelles C Projects\include\winnt.h(82): error #2119: Redeclaration of 'USHORT', previously declared at C:\Users\pekar\Documents\Pelles C Projects\include\windef.h(45).
C:\Users\pekar\Documents\Pelles C Projects\include\winnt.h(82): error #2119: Redeclaration of 'PUSHORT', previously declared at C:\Users\pekar\Documents\Pelles C Projects\include\windef.h(46).
C:\Users\pekar\Documents\Pelles C Projects\include\winnt.h(83): error #2119: Redeclaration of 'ULONG', previously declared at C:\Users\pekar\Documents\Pelles C Projects\include\windef.h(43).
C:\Users\pekar\Documents\Pelles C Projects\include\winnt.h(83): error #2119: Redeclaration of 'PULONG', previously declared at C:\Users\pekar\Documents\Pelles C Projects\include\windef.h(44).
C:\Users\pekar\Documents\Pelles C Projects\include\winnt.h(84): error #2119: Redeclaration of 'PSZ', previously declared at C:\Users\pekar\Documents\Pelles C Projects\include\windef.h(49).
C:\Users\pekar\Documents\Pelles C Projects\include\winnt.h(86): error #2119: Redeclaration of 'LPVOID', previously declared at C:\Users\pekar\Documents\Pelles C Projects\include\windef.h(158).
C:\Users\pekar\Documents\Pelles C Projects\include\winnt.h(2399): fatal error #1014: #error: "undefined processor type".
*** Error code: 1 ***
Done.

Has anyone seen this or a similar problem?  Is there a compiler setting or something that could fix it?  I would include the source but it has over 4000 lines of code.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Offline frankie

• Global Moderator
Re: Redeclaration errors (UCHAR winnt.h(81), windef.h(47))
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2014, 07:25:38 PM »
This happen when the sequence of include files is not correct (typically when using winsok before windows.h).
Post a short sample reproducing the errors.
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. - Andre Gide

laurro

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2014, 07:38:20 PM »
  I assume you refer to maprapimain.v1.0.1.c,
a link or a name is useful if you ask for help.
Is only 23.2 Kb as a zip file and the limit for
posting is 1 Mb.

enable MS extensions -Ze
define compatibility names -Go

in project\project options\compiler\options
just to be sure.

Laur

tpekar

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2014, 09:33:06 PM »
Yes, Laur, maprapimain.v1.0.1.c is the name of the program.  I had changed

enable MS extensions -Ze
define compatibility names -Go

and still get the errors.  Are you familiar with this program?  If I need to post a .zip, how do I do that?

laurro

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2014, 01:44:36 AM »
No, I'm not and I don't intend to be (familiar).

First problem.
At this point your project is probably a mess.
The compiler flags must be like:

-std:C11 -Tx86-coff -Ot -Ob1 -fp:precise -W1 -Gd -Ze -Go

and for linker:

-subsystem:console -machine:x86 -release kernel32.lib advapi32.lib delayimp.lib

machine can be x64 with Tamd64-coff instead of Tx86-coff if your OS is 64 bit.

Basically must be a console app(-subsystem:console)(the source code has a main()),
with __cdecl calling conventions for functions (-Gd), but it will accept __stdcall
too (-Ze) (Windows APIs), by default POCC is not tolerant with the stdcall, and old
names for C functions are accepted (-Go)(for example the old sleep() instead of new
_sleep()).

Now you have two options:

1. hard way: you can play with the current project settings and at same point will compile,
and I recommend you this approach, everyday is a good day to learn something new, but don't
change the code, the code is exceptionally compilable given his length, I don't know if is
a working code, and I really don't care, but for sure you can compile this.

2. easy way:
   -First be sure the POIDE is closed, this is VERY important.
   -Make a new folder, where, it doesn't matter, but is better in Pelles C Projects.
   -Move the source code(in this case maprapimain.v1.0.1.c) inside the folder.
   -Right click on file ->Open if the default for C files is POIDE or ->Open with
      and pick POIDE from the list.
   -Go to Project(menu) and click "Build maprapimain.v1.0.1.c".
    The "New default project" dialog will popup, choose "console app", click Ok.
   -Click "execute" second toolbar button from right to left;
      one message and a error will appear in the output window: first from <unistd.h>
      and the error from <winnt.h> "no target architecture", the last one it is really
      important (the code mix C runtime with API).
   -Go to  project-project options-compiler-options
      and check "Enable Microsoft extensions" and "Define compatibility names".
   -Click "ok".
   -Click "execute".

And that's it! Now you have only two minor warnings, deal with them.

Be sure you have an unmodified source code, re unzip the C file.

Second problem.
This is easy, but it only works for projects not for single files( use instead for example
7-Zip is free and good). In the project tree right click on the top item usually "some.exe"
with bold, click "Zipp Project Files...".

Laur