NO

Author Topic: Redistribute Pelles C  (Read 3810 times)

Offline JacentyK

Redistribute Pelles C
« on: June 03, 2019, 02:06:30 PM »
Hi

I'm developer st in xHarbour/Harbour (old Clipper language). I must, for my client, change of her project written in CA-Clipper (and very old xHarbour). My client isn't programmer and not have software development company, but is owner copyright for the all project.

I try compiler Pelles C and after rebuild project with newest xHarbour, and Pelles C version 8.00, the project works fine.

Can I legally create portable package with environment to compile and rebuild a software project (copy files or install to selected directory) , in this package will be included: Pelles C binaries (maybe only command tools and libraries), make (I use gnu make), and xHarbour binaries.

If yes, how I may create ZIP package or Install Package to properly works of command lines tools of Pelles C (paths, environment variables, registers entries)?
This package must be very simple to install, and to using (to rebuild project if I'll be absent). For me and my client, the best solution would be the structure of directories and files:
%DISK%\xHarbEnv\xHarbour ...
%DISK%\xHarbEnv\PellesC ...
%DISK%\xHarbEnv\make

Regards
Jacek

Offline John Z

Re: Redistribute Pelles C
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2019, 11:53:46 AM »
Maybe you have already solved it but others may have similar question?
An add-in wizard here: http://www.johnfindlay.plus.com/pellesc/wizards/wizards.html
"(2251k) Version 3.1 of Wizard. The POINST Wizardis a tool for quicklycreating POINST scripts based on menu selections, and a drag-n-drop treestructure for organizing files into installation sections. Wizardconfigurations can be saved into project files and recalled later. POINSTscripts can be saved as is, modified, or compiled on the fly into aninstaller. It's freeware and open source.
Author: David MacDermot   "

or in PellesC create a builder project - See Pelles C Help file search for "POINST reference"

"Pelles install builder creates a self-extracting installer program from a script file (.pis).
The created program contains a complete setup, including all files to be copied."

Offline DMac

Re: Redistribute Pelles C
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2019, 06:47:14 AM »
The most recent version of the POinst Wizard can be found here: http://www.smorgasbordet.com/pellesc/contrib_poinstwiz.htm
No one cares how much you know,
until they know how much you care.