NO

Author Topic: Give me ideas  (Read 1673 times)

Grincheux

Give me ideas
« on: May 02, 2021, 01:19:24 PM »
I have finished the two last programs. Event if I always run them to detect bugs, I would like to start an another one.
I have no idea, I search but nothing is coming.
I would like to try Addins for the IDE.

I really need you, if no, I return to my kitchen and make bread, cakes and creams but it is not good for my health.
Cigaretts too but this is an other story.

Offline John Z

Re: Give me ideas
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2021, 02:40:30 PM »
 :) I'll think on it  :)

I added some suggestions for WiW.  See that thread.

No cigarettes, I gave up in 1985, we want you healthy for a long time!

John Z

Offline CFred

Idea for an addin
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2023, 04:54:36 PM »
One useful addin would be a feature that automatically increments numbers in an include (*.h) file. The idea would be for the programmer to enter command identifiers etc in an include file as a list eg

IDM_File
IDM_Save

The addin would request the number for the first item on the list (eg 1000)  and then change this list to something like:

#define IDM_File 1000
#define IDM_Save 1001 etc

The addin could include stepped increments so that the numbers are increased by a stepped amount each time, then the user could insert a new #define statement between existing ones if required.

It would be even better if the addin could automatically update the numbers when the programmer inserts another ID_ value in the list.

[Or is there a way to automatically assign numbers to a list that I have not noticed? I tried using enum in an include file without success.]

Offline frankie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2023, 10:03:10 PM »
I really need you, if no, I return to my kitchen and make bread, cakes and creams but it is not good for my health.
Cigaretts too but this is an other story.
I don't know what's worst!  :-\
If you go back to bakery you may make happy peoples, and get fat yourself, but you probably will smoke a cigarette after each pastry or a cake slice...  :(
But on the other hand how many cigarettes could you smoke while punching the keyboard to write down code or debugging it?
I suggest to create a program to quit smoking (some examples here).  ;)
I quit cigarettes 9 years ago while opening my 4th pack in a day. I just threw it away.  8)
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. - Andre Gide

Offline Vortex

• http://www.vortex.masmcode.com
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2023, 01:03:21 PM »
Hi frankie,

Very good decision to give up smoking. As we know, nicotine is very harmful.
Code it... That's all...