NO

Author Topic: New window not dialog  (Read 3229 times)

Zodra1

New window not dialog
« on: July 24, 2008, 11:22:25 AM »
Managed to build MDI application (wizard did all the work :) ) and connect to SQL is succesful. Trouble that i have now is that in this UDE i can only create DIALOG (this is modal even if in properties is not) and i can only start one process out of menu.

How can i create a child window out of dialog? I would really like to avoid coding every control. Tabel has 30+ entities, i will break my computers keyboard and calculator too figuring out coordinates for each control.

Heeeeeeeelp! :)

JohnF

Re: New window not dialog
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2008, 05:08:28 PM »
How have you created the dialog?

To create a modeless dialog one needs to use the CreateDialog() or CreateDialogParam() API's.

John

Zodra1

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2008, 10:41:46 AM »
I use a program that is built in IDE. Later when i posted this question i found two samples how to use dialog editoe in this IDE and window displaying this dialog is mode less, meaning that other windows and menu are accessible when dialog is displayed. Didn't study this yet. But it can be done. Nevertheless i am interested how you surpass this problem. If you program a data heavy application than it is obvious that number of entities on one form can reach let's say 30 or more. Add also other controls that are needed and you end up with one form carrying 40 or more controls. All have to be manually programmed. That's a lot of typing and i am looking at a solution to save time and work.

JohnF

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2008, 10:50:24 AM »
To create a modeless dialog one needs to use the CreateDialog() or CreateDialogParam() API's.

Look for examples that use either of those two API's.

John

Zodra1

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2008, 01:39:16 PM »
Thank you John. I found solutions in smorgabordet Pelles page -> source code -> MDIDlgs, MDIDlgs2 samples. Just have to study those sources good. All windows in samples are created with "dialog" tool, so windows and controls are drawn like in Access. Of course i haven't yet got through sources yet (i am a total rookie in C language as you know). But i am improving.