NO

Author Topic: ever loved something so much?  (Read 4520 times)

shazam

ever loved something so much?
« on: July 03, 2012, 04:57:35 AM »
Was told by a local vet that my cat had cancer and should be put to sleep

I said no way(she deserves a chance)
found a Vet surgeon willing to operate and now 2 weeks later she is purring and full of spunk

Long road to go and no promises but I would do it all over again to let her have a chance to lay in the sunlight for just as long as she can

Ya spent alot of money but to me I would do it all over again

wierd?...waste of money?...ya alot of people would say so

Offline Bitbeisser

• Global Moderator
Re: ever loved something so much?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2012, 05:46:43 AM »
Glad to hear that it has worked out in your case.

Unfortunately, it's not always the case. I have a vet clinic as a client and I see a lot of times where people are too compassionate about their pets, trying to hang on when it rather hurts them/has them suffer then doing them any good.

Ralf

Offline Stefan Pendl

• Global Moderator
    • Homepage
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2012, 08:16:07 AM »
If mother nature or God decide to have a living creature come home, I wouldn't decide against this.

To live and let die, that's what it is all about ;)
---
Stefan

Proud member of the UltraDefrag Development Team

Offline frankie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2012, 08:55:10 AM »
My dog had cancer surgery twice.
Now she is gone, but I'm happy that I had done  whatever possible anyway......
A pet in house is part of the family and you don't want to miss any care you would do for a human being.
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. - Andre Gide

CommonTater

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2012, 05:33:07 PM »
I think pets are family members and we love them just like our kids...

But as is always the case in these situations the decision to "pull the plug" or not is a deeply personal and extremely difficult one. 

Shazam... hoping for a long and healthy life for your adopted kiddie!

defrancis7

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2012, 06:07:14 PM »
To me, pets are full members of the family and deserve the best medical care you can afford.  It is an extremely difficult and deeply personal decision when you must decide if you should put your ailing pet to sleep or not.  You want to keep them with you because of all the love and companionship they give you.  Pets don't care what you look like, what you do, or about your politics---they accept you for what you are.  On the other hand, you don't want your friend to suffer through pain and misery just to be with you.

shazam

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2012, 12:06:40 AM »
Thank you all for responding  :)
Boom (my cat) is very active now and eating and purring and wanting to just play  ;)

I agree there is a time to know whwen an animal is suffering.....this was not that time
She was eating well and playfull when I took her in and the vet told me they found cancer...vet said "put her down because it will cost alot"
Sorry...I would get a second opinion for any family member...and so I did

Found a vet/surgeon who wanted to help and now after 2 weeks and some healing scars we can figure out long term help for her

If they tell me now that she has 1 year...ok...I brang her 1 year...If they tell me "these are the treatments we need to give her"....ok then let's do it

Thanks again all for responding and I will keep you posted  :)